I have to express, finished that actually got me thinking about electric powered cars was the Tesla Roadster. I must say i love cars and when I saw so it accelerates HOW FAST? (0-60mph in under 4 seconds.) – it definitely caught my eye. From the time that I’ve been searching for the perfect electric transport for my children and learning a terrible lot on the way. orbital sander for cars I have to express at the start I discovered myself EXTREMELY CONFUSED, EXTREMELY FAST when I tried to determine about electric cars! Electric bicycles and electric scooters are all great…. but for me and other people…. there is no beating the cars!
But when I started to appear closer there seemed to be a number of things going against electric cars. Like…there are a lot of nice looking sports cars… but they’re so unbelievably expensive for what they offer – and you should have to queue up! OR… you could get another one that’s PLUG UGLY – but hopefully you’ll feel much better knowing your saving the environmental surroundings! OR… oh wait! Here is a car that may give you everything you need… do you want one? Sorry, they’re not out for another 12 years once we get around to rendering it!AND… this one is REALLY CHEAP… however it won’t do anything fancy like.. GO UP A HILL and you’ll usually have to recharge it about 10 times each day! So where are the reality in all this science fiction and promises? Well this really is a number of the “Truth” I found out about electric powered cars in the end my research. What really can be an Electric Car? There are certainly a few different types of Electric cars:
– Neighbourhood Electric Vehicles
(NEVs) or Low Speed Electric Vehicles (LSVs) are electric cars with a relatively small range (about 40 miles) and a limited speed (legally 25mph in the USA). These types of cars will be found in towns or cities where you wouldn’t be travelling far like in London where cars just like the Reva G-wiz has flourished. Or it is found in resorts and neighbourhoods where they usually appear to be a done up golf cart just like the GEM e-series electric cars. You will find electric cars just like the Tesla Roadster or the Tango electric car which are created to manage to maintain a normal petrol/diesel car. These cars can carry on motorways and can usually travel fairly long distances (100-200 miles). Additionally there are plug-in hybrids on the market which aren’t fully electric but come close enough. They could be charged from a plug in addition to by the engine and can travel solely on electricity until their (usually small) battery range runs out.
– What promises do Electric Cars make?Well first of all – a greener, petrol-free tomorrow! They could be run on clean electricity (not from a coal fired plant) and can run emission free in the event that you want. Sounds pretty good in my experience!
What exactly promises can’t they make right now? Unfortunately there is quite a few right now:
– Cheap and reliable batteries
– A goodinfrastructure of recharging spots and a fast recharge time.
– Lots of different makes of cars available now.
– Lots of the best value cars that may travel long distances (they can mostly still only get 50-100 miles range).
– That the company making or selling them won’t disappear anytime as they’re mostly distributed by smaller companies.
– A competitive price – they’re always much more pricey than normal cars. The good thing though is that these exact things are constantly improving and there is set to be big changes in the coming few years.
– So just how do they work? Well the all-electric cars both work in an identical way. The petrol/diesel tank is replaced by a lot of batteries which supply the electric “fuel “.You will find three types of batteries lead-acid, nimh and li-ion, with li-ion batteries storing the most energy in the least amount of space.
A regulator then makes sure the power from the batteries is nice and steady. The engine is then replaced with a motor which is usually put as close as possible to the wheels, and sometimes in the wheels themselves. There are certainly a few types of motors available but I won’t go into that right now. A potentiometer then measures how much you’re pressing down on the accelerator and tells the motor. This happens smoothly and gives a large number of torque instantly. Most electric cars have unbelievable acceleration!
– How are Electric Cars designed? Well there are a few issues that come first in all electric car designs. Air Resistance and weight are two huge issues. Since the batteries add so much weight to the car it needs to be designed as light as possible, which explains why plenty of the cars are so small. The batteries are also usually put at the end of the car to keep the weight low and stop it from toppling. All that weight at the end means even when the biggest SUV side swipes you, you’re not going anywhere! Lower air resistance also helps with the range as the car won’t have to make use of energy attempting to fight the air.
– How about the future of electric cars? The near future is looking pretty good for the electric car. Most major manufacturers have an electrical car planned for around 2010 or 2011 which shows how mainstream it’s becoming and there are even some very nice cars in route from a number of the smaller companies.Future technology also looks bright as there are plenty of breakthroughs coming regularly nowadays.