Basic CS tactics
Allow me to start with stating two things:
1. Some veteran CS players usually takes offense to someone who’s routinely at the end of the scoreboard preaching CS tactics to you. In that case, then feel free not to read this.
2. (and this really is by no means, shape, or form an insult): CS has nothing on Natural Selection in the way of Tactics. Once you know the maps in CS, even these basic strats can win a casino game each time (random headshots aside). Being an able NS commander, Personally i think I can provide adequate home elevators how not to get chewed into cat-food every round.
3. The same as in NS, I’ll piss and moan in game if folks are doing bone-head things. I will be even harder on the few NS players who’ve migrated a bit to CS. EVEN MORE SO if I’ve ever seen you in the command chair during an NS game. You should already know this stuff.
And here we go:
1. Buddy system: I can’t stress this enough. You shouldn’t be anywhere without a pal unless your only goal is to create a bunch of noise as a distraction the best csgo trading sites. If you obtain taken out before you can really any info to your team, you’ve failed to create anything to your team. All they have to work with is what gun you got killed with.
2. Flashes: if you are flat-broke, EVERY SINGLE player in your team must have two flashes. This game isn’t meant for you to wade into three camping enemies and gun all of them down without dying. It’s meant for you to use their not enough mobility to your advantage.
3. Flashes #2: Call for flashes if you should be out. Don’t round a blind corner without one unless it just isn’t available.
4. Flashes #3: Don’t let flashes visit waste because you realize it may not have been effective as much as you’d hoped. At least use the opportunity to get a peak nearby, or to setup for another flash.
5. Terrorists on bomb-sites: Ts CANNOT afford to get caught in gun-fights for any amount of time. After that it comes right down to a straight death-match. When up against somebody who has the advantage of more accurate fire: you will most likely lose. It’s a risk you shouldn’t be taking.
6. Flanking: Gives me a warm-fuzzy. Pinned down, but know another way across the back/side? One guy keeps them busy, others go around. The one guy can make a whole bunch of noise to mask the approach of another team. Straight-up fights are for suckers. I find shooting someone in the trunk of the top is significantly more satisfying then cramming my barrel into his chest hoping he dies before I do.
7. Being pinned-down (goes back once again to 5): If two of your teammates round a corner and get picked off by snipers, what in case you do? If you said, “Run soon after them and try to kill the sniper” then just i’d like to know and I’ll shoot you in the face. At least then a CTs won’t get hardly any money from your death. Oh, and if you do this if you have the bomb, I’ll knife you every round for 6 months (wyz said I could).
8. Blocking: In case a teammate gets to a fire-fight and must retreat, don’t block him by hoping to get in your bullets. Make his escape as easy as possible. Even though he has 3 HP, he’s still a human body that you might want to win.
9. Listen, listen, listen: there exists a long buy-time for a reason. If an idea is manufactured, and you ask why everyone is running a certain way, you then have failed even probably the most basic concept of “tactics.” (PS: shoot the hive).
10. Thunder boots are for Zeus, not CS players: I shouldn’t have to even explain this one.
11. Cover your six: If there’s 4 T’s/CT’s in friends and nobody is watching the rear, you’re asking to get reamed by a sneaky enemy. Watch your radar, if you’re in the trunk make sure to stop any lead from landing there.
12. Rushing: Ts choose a bomb rush, you’ve the bomb. You get to the site and it’s crawling with CTs. What do you do? Plant the bomb. If the guy planting the bomb gets killed and you’re closest to him, what do you do? Plant the bomb.
The whole point of a rush is to get the bomb down before the CTs can enter defensible positions. You’ve teammates that should be doing the shooting for you, let them. Having the bomb down is a powerful weapon in itself. That ticking drives the CTs to operate in to disarm it. They will even run in one-by-one should they aren’t thinking right.